Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Twelve days of Easter???






Easter approaches and with the holiday so does my constant sense of fun for yet another excuse to celebrate! Spring so filled with unpredictable joys...Easter candy,daffodils,warmer weather,green smells,things waking up after long winter slumbers,treats,theme colors and a wonderful reasons to entertain,worship,gather with family and create lovely memories!

Swap-bot...a constant source of creative inspiration actually inspired this little send away. Not long ago I came across this fun little swap - to decorate an egg carton,fill it with crafty artsy pretties and send off to a partner to start on April 1st...the count down to Easter on April 12th! What a terrific idea I thought...but how much sweeter to send a thoughtful,love filled package to my sweet little God daughter in Florida? Exactly...super sweet!

She opens a little gift every day from April 1st thru 12th, each day and egg contains a note and a little gift...candy...hair pretties...rings...grow in water chickie chicks, socks... and the grand finale...a little hand made lamb necklace from her "Nina"!



Happy Count Down to Easter Lily!!






5 comments:

  1. Oh that's a lovely idea! I'm busy making things for our easter Egg Hunt.....lots of clues and running around my friend's garden. I've done it for 3 or 4 years now and keep wondering when they'll decide they're too grown up (they're 11,11 and 13)....but they asked again so I guess it's too much fun!
    And I love doing it too!
    Nicki x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!! You are so creative and talented ~ I love your blog :o)
    xx
    Sumea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful eggs! And such an amazing idea!!

    <3

    Kristin
    (kuhnowee on swapbot)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a cute idea! Love your music too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so smart! this is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete